We understand that privacy and the security of your personal information is extremely important. Because of that, this policy sets out what we do with your information and what we do to keep it secure. It also explains where and how we collect your personal information, as well as your rights over any personal information we hold about you.
This policy applies to you if you use or purchase our products or services, over the phone, online, through a home visit or otherwise by using any of our websites or interacting with us on social media (our “Services”). This policy gives effect to our commitment to protect your personal information.
Who is Columbus Healthcare Ltd
Columbus Healthcare Ltd (Registered Office: Boothtown Road Halifax, HX3 6UB)
What sorts of information do we hold
- Information that you provide to us such as your name, address, date of birth, telephone number, email address, bank account and payment card details and any feedback you give to us, including by phone, email, post, or when you communicate with us via social media;
- Information about the Services that we provide to you (including for example, the things we have provided to you, when and where, what you paid, the way you use our products and Services, and so on);
- When reviewing your application for products and Services offered by Columbus Healthcare Ltd (for example, New products, Insurance, Servicing and Maintenance) we will take into account other information about you such as your employment details, financial position, information taken from identification documents such as your passport or driving licence and medical Conditions.
- If you use our websites, we try to identify when and how you use our websites.
- Your contact details and details of the emails and other electronic communications you receive from us, including whether that communication has been opened and if you have clicked on any links within that communication. We want to make sure that our communications are useful for you, so if you don’t open them or don’t click on any links in them, we know we need to improve our Services.
- Information from other sources such as specialist companies that provide customer information (like credit reference agencies, fraud prevention agencies, claims databases marketing and research companies) social media providers and the DVLA as well as information that is publicly available.
How do we use your information?
The information we collect may be used to:
- Make available our services to you;
- Process your orders;
- Take payment from you or give you a refund;
- Personalise your experience, for example by understanding your location or how you use our websites to provide you with personalised offers or ideas;
- Help us ensure that our customers are genuine and to prevent fraud;
- Conduct market research, either ourselves or with reputable agencies;
- For statistical analysis;
- Help us understand more about you as a customer, the products and services you use and purchase, the manner in which you use them.
- Find ways to improve our services and websites;
- Contact you about products and services from us and other companies;
- Provide you with online advertising;
- Provide for the safety and security of our colleagues and customers; and
- Help answer your questions and solve any issues you have.
Who we might share your information with
Our service providers
We work with partners, suppliers, insurers and agencies so they can process your personal information on our behalf…but only where they meet our standards on the processing of data and security! We only share information that allows them to provide their services to us or to facilitate them providing their services to you. For example, some of our service providers place advertising for us online, about our products and. As a result, where you have indicated you are happy to receive marketing from us, you might see online advertising that we have placed on the web sites you visit, or the interactive services you use.
Other organisations and individuals:
We may transfer your personal information to other organisations in certain scenarios. For example:
- If we’re discussing selling our business, we may share information about you to prospective purchasers – but only so they can evaluate that business;
- If we are reorganised or sold to another organisation, we may transfer information we hold about you to them so they can continue to provide the Services to you;
- If required to by law, under any code of practice by which we are bound or we are asked to do so by a public or regulatory authority such as the Police or the Department for Work and Pensions;
- If we need to do so in order to exercise or protect our legal rights, users, systems and Services; or
- In response to requests from individuals (or their representatives) seeking to protect their legal rights or the rights of others.
- We would like to tell you about the great offers, ideas, products and services of Columbus Healthcare Ltd and from time to time those we think you might be interested in. Where you have consented to us doing so, we may do this through the post, by email, text message, and online using social media or by any other electronic means.
We won’t send you marketing messages if you tell us not to, but we will still need to send you occasional service-related messages. If you wish to amend your marketing preferences, you can do by calling our Customer Care Team on 01422 323 888.
Access and correction of your personal information
You have the right to access the personal information that we hold about you in many circumstances. This is sometimes called a ‘Subject Access Request’. If we agree that we are obliged to provide personal information to you (or someone else on your behalf), we will provide it to you or them free of charge.
Before providing personal information to you or another person on your behalf, we may ask for proof of identity and sufficient information about your interactions with us that we can locate your personal information.
If any of the personal information we hold about you is inaccurate or out of date, you may ask us to correct it.
If you would like to exercise these rights, please contact us as set out below.
Right to stop or limit our processing of your data
You have the right to object to us processing your personal information if we are not entitled to use it any more, to have your information deleted if we are keeping it too long or have its processing restricted in certain circumstances.
If you would like to exercise this right, please contact our Customer Care Team on 01422 323 888.
We will retain a record of your personal information. This is done in order to provide you with a high quality and consistent service. We will always retain your personal information in accordance with law and regulation and never retain your information for longer than is necessary.
Links to other websites
Sharing your thoughts
When using our website, you may be able to share information through social networks like Facebook and Twitter. For example when you ‘like’, ‘share’ or review our Services. When doing this your personal information may be visible to the providers of those social networks, their other users. Please remember it is your responsibility to set appropriate privacy settings on your social network accounts so you are comfortable with how your information is used and shared on them.
We take security measures to protect your information including:
- limiting access to our buildings to those that we believe are entitled to be there (by use of passes, Coded access and other related technologies);
- implementing access controls to our information technology, such as firewalls, ID verification and logical segmentation and/ or physical separation of our systems and information;
- never asking you for your passwords;
- Advising you never to enter your account number or password into an email or after following a link from an email.
- If you would like to exercise one of your rights as set out above, or you have a question or a complaint about this policy, the way your personal information is processed, please contact us by one of the following means:
By email: email@example.com
By post: Data Protection Officer, Boothtown Road, Halifax, HX3
- You also have the right to lodge a complaint with the UK regulator, the Information Commissioner. Go to ico.org.uk/concerns to find out more.
We use “cookies” on this site. A cookie is a piece of data stored on a site visitor’s hard drive to help us improve your access to our site and identify repeat visitors to our site. For instance, when we use a cookie to identify you, you would not have to log in a password more than once, thereby saving time while on our site. Cookies can also enable us to track and target the interests of our users to enhance the experience on our site. Usage of a cookie is in no way linked to any personally identifiable information on our site.